Encouragement plays a vital role in how well your child grows and develops into an adult. It even helps them in their adulthood to thrive in their day-to-day lives.
The effects of encouragement on children are far more than that of criticism. Your encouragement will not only affect your child but their friends as well because they will share your words with their friends.
Even at a tender age, your children can feel discouraged because this world is full of challenges. And encouragement is simply the act of giving hope, confidence, and support.
Challenges can drain children emotionally and physically but the right words will revitalize them. Your positive words will give them the strength they need to go on.
Before we show you awesome words you can use to encourage your kids, let us highlight some benefits of encouraging children.
7 Benefits of Encouraging Children
1. Boosts their self-confidence
One way to boost confidence and self-esteem in your children is to encourage them daily. They will have more confidence in what they can do and achieve.
They will be more positive about life and feel better about themselves. It also restores their self-confidence.
2. Increases their efforts
If you want your children to do more, encourage and praise them. Do this even if they are not doing well. This is better than criticizing them.
They will be motivated to work harder and do better. They will put in more effort to finish the job.
3. Makes them successful
The benefits of encouragement make a child successful in his/her endeavor. Encouragement is a big motivator for people to achieve their dreams.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
4. Brings validation
Encouraging your children will make them feel validated and they will be happy about their achievements.
Do you want to give your child an instant boost of energy? Then give them a lovely word of encouragement and watch them glow with renewed energy.
Encouragement works wonders like energy pills, use them wisely and lavish them on your kids to give them the strength to overcome any obstacle.
6. Gives hope
Encouragement from parents is like a light in the tunnel that gives hope. Your kids know you believe in them and that is a big boost and a source of hope.
When you feel your children at the lowest and withdrawing from people, offer them encouraging words of hope to empower them.
This will act as a spark of light in the dark. It will motivate them to small steps after another until they see the light.
7. Changes perspective
Life’s uncertainties can bring confusion as children grow up. This can make them view things differently and shift their focus to immediate and petty things.
In this state, they can’t see the big picture and this can lead to wrong decision making. Giving them a word of encouragement at this time can make them pause and analyze what’s going on in their lives.
With this, they can see the situation from a better perspective.
Why You Should Encourage Your Kids Daily
Encouragement may seem easy to get or give but that is far from the truth these days. Humans with their selfish nature find it hard to encourage others.
Criticism, soundbites, mocking memes, and sarcasm are easy to get even when you didn’t ask for them. Many people like putting others down.
This is the world your child is growing up in and very soon, they will be interfacing with a lot of people as they grow up and mature.
As your children interface with the world and come back home, one important thing you should do as a parent is to encourage them regularly.
The Holy Bible says in Proverbs 25:11-13:
“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear. As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.” (KJV).
Below are some lovely words you can use to encourage your kids and make them grow up with confidence and strength.
252 Awesome Words of Encouragement
Dr. Haim Ginott said, “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression”.
Children believe everything they hear; be it positive, scary, negative, disheartening, etc. So why not tell your child that he/she can do anything they set their mind on.
If you tell your children that they can’t do something, they will believe you. This is why you need to speak nice and encouraging words to them.
Everyday Words of Encouragement For Your Kids
1. You are gifted and I am proud to be your mom/dad
2. I appreciate your listening skills
3. Today, tomorrow, and forever, you will always be in my prayers
4. You make me smile
5. Everyone loves you
6. I am happy each time I spend time with you
7. You have a unique sense of style
8. I miss you when you are not around
9. You brought a positive change to my life
10. Mom and dad love you a lot
11. Even at such a young age, you are quite wise and mature.
12. The best thing about you is your honesty
13. Thank you for making me laugh so well
14. I am immensely proud of your kind actions
15. You are so cute and intelligent
16. You can be a good leader
17. I love listening to you talk
18. You have a strong and powerful voice
Words of Encouragement for Tests, Exams or Competitions
19. I trust you
20. You will do amazingly well, just keep going
21. Your performance in the exams/competition won’t change my love for you. Just try and give your best and relax.
22. Hard work is never a waste
23. Your best trait is not giving up
24. You can do great things
25. I admire 2 things about you, your diligence and proactiveness.
26. Always know that the result of your tests or exams do not define who you are
27. Guess what’s more important than winning? It is participation
28. Hard work brings success
29. Always work with whatever you have and wherever you are.
30. Anyone can dance
31. Nothing is impossible
32. You can do anything if you set your mind to do it
33. The view from the top is beautiful and amazing
34. My child, reach for the stars
35. You do better when you know better _Maya Angelou
36. I am so proud of how you accepted your result
37. Keep working hard
38. You are supported, loved, and cherished no matter what
39. You are so clever in many ways, there is no test that can prove it
40. You know that you will always be loved, nothing can change it
41. You are like a bright shining star
42. You will achieve great things, in your way and in your time
43. You are safe, supported, and free to be yourself
44. Your future is bursting with opportunities and bright
45. You are blossoming like a beautiful flower
46. You are loved and kept safe
47. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly –Robert Kennedy
Words of Encouragement When Your Child is Having a Bad Day
48. You have such a kind heart
49. You are courageous
50. My love, never feel shy to ask for help
51. Every day is a new beginning
52. Life is a roller-coaster
53. All days are not the same
54. You can begin again with every dawn
55. You are very talented
56. Stay positive, miracles can happen
57. After every dark night, a brand new day comes with lots of opportunities
58. Nothing can ever dull your sparkle
59. It is your mind that is giving up and not your body. The power to change your mind lies with you
60. The road to the hilltop is not easy. You have to move towards your goal constantly
61. No pain no gain
62. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door –Milton Berle
63. Every day, you are a hero
64. What matters more than the uncertainty that happens to you is how you react to a bad day
65. Faith and perseverance is the key to overcoming obstacles –Lorna Jackson Wilson
66. Get back up
67. It is not easy however, the will to change it is with you
68. You are very strong
69. You have the confidence to overcome all obstacles
70. Just pause for a while, things will get better
71. I understand what you are going through and I love you
72. I love you and I will help you through this
73. This is just one of your whole life, remember that
74. Things will look so much better tomorrow
75. I love you and we will work through this together
76. Let’s do something that makes you happier
77. Let’s talk about this, it will make you feel better
78. We are always on your side
79. Don’t give up, you make us so proud
80. You can count on us to always make you feel better
81. This grade on your test result doesn’t define you. It isn’t who you are
82. Everyone had bad days, it is okay to feel that way
83. You are strong and smart
84. Let’s walk and see something beautiful
85. You learn so much from making mistakes
86. I am so proud of the way you handled that
87. Don’t ever give up because you are capable of so much
88. Happiness always returns after feeling sad, don’t worry
89. It is normal to feel sad sometimes and it is allowable
90. You have a beautiful gift, the ability to show kindness
Words of Encouragement For Children In Times of Struggle
91. I believe in you
92. Get out of your comfort zone, that’s where your growth lies
93. You have creative ideas and they count
94. Your hopes and dreams are possible, one way or the other way
95. If you keep walking towards your goals, success will be very close
96. Due to the enormous strength you have, you are a tiny little wonder
97. May God bless your kind and compassionate heart
98. The times may be tough but you can turn them around
99. You can achieve every single thing you dream of if you make little efforts every day
100. You are a genius
101. You can conquer any obstacle because you are powerful enough
102. Please, try a little bit harder
103. Have a foolproof action plan by defining your goal
104. Surround yourself with people who lift you higher and positive vibes
105. You got this
106. Nothing is permanent, this period of struggle will soon end
107. This is not the end
108. Why fit in when you were born to stand out – Dr. Seuss
109. You can trust that everything will be okay
110. You are more valuable than all the gold in the world
111. You are a big ball of happiness
112. There is no comparison, you are the only one that can do what you do
113. Allow love to take over any fear that you have
114. No matter what happens, you are surrounded by love
115. There are better days ahead
116. There is no education like adversity –Disreali
117. It is okay not to be okay some days
118. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will –Mahatma Gandhi
119. Believe you can and you’re halfway there –Theodore Roosevelt
120. Be a fighter, believe in yourself and fight through adversity –Andrew Wright
121. Someone has faced and overcome this problem, you can do it.
122. Hardship often prepares ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny –C.S. Lewis
123. You are limitless if you overcome the challenges holding you back
124. When you think you can’t do it, that is the thing you should do
125. Every struggle presents an opportunity to grow
126. You defeat darkness by standing in your light and shining brightly
127. Doing your best today is the best way to prepare for tomorrow
128. Adversity builds character in people just like the butterfly.
129. Every problem is an opportunity to do your best
130. One who conquers the sea today is ready to conquer the ocean tomorrow –Matshona Dhliwayo
131. Great minds rise above misfortunes while little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune.
132. Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right –Henry ford
133. Courage is a step ahead of fear
134. Make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks
135. Make yourself a promise to keep moving forward
136. We grow in struggles, we learn and overcome
137. Breathe in your courage and exhale your fear
138. Share your courage with others but keep your fears to yourself
139. You can always overcome even if things do not go your way
140. Success is 99% failure –Soichiro Honda
141. Action overcomes fear, thinking doesn’t overcome fear
142. Only you can stop you, not people or obstacles
143. Learn to find ways around the obstacles in your life
144. It is better to struggle and lose than to have never struggled at all –Pete Seeger
145. If you run from your weakness, you will give it strength
146. Refusing to try is the worst of failures and not defeat
147. Success is hanging on after others have let go
148. Don’t allow what you can’t do to interfere with what you can do
149. Solve your annoyance now or it will get worse tomorrow
150. Grab your courage and speed up when you see an obstacle coming
151. Cry to keep going and not to give up
152. Even flowers go through dirt
153. No struggles, no progress
154. You are higher than what you are going through
155. Any difficulty can be overcome, it is the imaginary ones that can’t be conquered
156. Fire is the test of gold, adversity of strong men –Martha Graham
157. The difference between possibility and impossibility lies in your imagination
158. Paths without obstacles do not lead anywhere
159. When you don’t think you can, hold on
160. Challenges are inevitable, defeat is optional
161. It is not about getting knocked down but about getting up again
162. We see the stars when it dark enough
163. Embrace pain and burn it as fuel for your journey
164. You have to put up with the rain if you want the rainbow
165. Challenges are not to paralyze you but to help you discover who you are
166. Take a break but never give up
167. Be afraid of standing still, never be afraid of growing slowly
168. Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations
Words of Encouragement to Motivate and Inspire Your Children
169. You have brilliant ideas
170. If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough -Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
172. Pay much attention to the voice inside you
173. Don’t share your big dreams with small-minded people
174. Winning doesn’t mean that you have to be first, it means you are doing better than you’ve done in the past –Bonnie Blair
175. Do you know I am your biggest fan?
176. Break your bigger tasks into smaller doable jobs
177. Everyone can learn and succeed but not in the same way or on the same day –William Spady
178. You must be the change you want to be in the world –Mahatma Gandhi
179. My dear, you are a great example of a compassionate child.
180. You can shine if you try harder because hard work can never be in vain
181. You are a champion because you try your best
182. You can’t change the past but you can change the future
183. You can be the change maker
184. Don’t dream of winning, train for it –Mo Farah
185. The world is a better place because you are here
186. Trust your instincts to shape your life
187. You can do magic
188. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor –Franklin D Roosevelt
189. Keep up the great work, it is really showing
190. Words fail me to express how proud I am of you
191. I am so excited you learned something new
192. This is just the beginning of your greatness
193. You sprinkle joy as you go
194. You are still uncovering your special skills and talents
195. There is undiscovered wisdom within you
196. You learn as you grow
197. Always be full of hope, look up and reach for stars
198. Asking for help shows that you are strong and courageous
199. You are stronger than you think
200. Dare to be different and you will dazzle them
201. Keep dreaming and working hard, your dreams will come through
202. Your future looks bright because you are bright
203. Your compassion keeps me strong when I feel like giving up
204. The rewards are unlimited when you go one step further
205. I am so proud of how hardworking you are
206. You know a lot than you even realize
207. There is no one else like you because you are original
208. You will get there if you take one step at a time
209. Look at the problem from a different angle, do not give up
210. Be true to yourself and always listen to your inner voice.
211. Put yourself in people’s shoes and you can walk beside them
212. Try new things courageously even when it feels scary or hard
213. Happy days are more often than sad days
214. Nothing can change how loved you are, never
Words of Encouragement On The Expression of Gratitude
215. You must always have an attitude of gratitude
216. Gratitude makes us better human beings
217. Be thankful for the blessings in your life
218. The more you give, the happier you will be
219. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it –Richard Bach
220. Start every morning with gratitude
221. Focus on the good things in life
222. The root of joy is a grateful heart
223. Appreciate the good things in your life
224. Noble people perform gestures of gratitude always
225. Never forget to be kind in life
226. No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks –James Allen
227. Count your blessings
228. You have a beautiful spirit
229. Your thankful heart makes you extra special
230. I am so proud to see you pray to the almighty
231. Just say thank you more often
232. Respect and gratitude go together
233. Always be thankful for the family and friends you have
234. Take time to let your friends and family know that you care
235. To share is to care
236. I love being with you because you brighten up the room
237. I love how you smile at me and others
238. See the glass as half-full instead of half-empty
239. The foundation of happiness is gratitude
240. Start each day by thanking God for your blessings
241. You are beautiful inside out
242. Always appreciate little things because they matter and they add up
243. Be around people who are as grateful as you
244. Your kind words can change someone’s whole day
245. Respect people around you and respect yourself
246. A key to a happy heart is kindness
247. Thanks for warming my heart with kindness always
248. The secret to friendship is empathy
249. Your spirit is lovely and light and it makes you shine
250. You have a loving heart for helping others
251. I am so blessed and thankful that you are in my life
252. I am grateful to have you in my life
Children are deeply impacted by what they are told. Using encouraging words as a parent, teacher, or guardian will help them greatly and play a huge role in their emotional and physical growth.
These beautiful phrases will help you know how to encourage your kids. You could use these at first, then over time, come up with your own.
Your words make a very big difference in how your kids see their world, therefore keep speaking positive & encouraging words to them.