It was Don Bosco who said: “The first happiness of a child is to know that he is loved”. All the work of parents can be summed up in just one word “Love”.
There are many ways parents show love to their kids; the sacrifices, providing for their needs, and being there for them. This is a huge task but you are not alone. This post contains quotes from parents who have walked this same journey.
This post has a lot of amazing quotes about loving children that parents and teachers will love. You can use these quotes to best express the love that exists between you and your kid.
These quotes can also serve as an everyday reminder or inspiration or motivation that reminds you of the love that is shared between you and your kid.
We hope you enjoy these quotes.
*This post may contain affiliate links at no extra cost to you. See disclosure for details.
Heart-warming Quotes About Loving Your Children
1. “I’ve never loved anyone the way I love my children” –Katey Sagal
2. “Allow me to love you a little more before you’re not little anymore”
3. “The best thing in the world is seeing your children smile because of you”
4. “No one prepared me for just how much love I have for my children”
5. “To my child: I love you more than I can ever find a way to tell you”.
6. “Do you ever look at your child and just smile because you just know how blessed you really are?”
7. “My greatest wish is for my kids to know that I always love them and that they walk through the rest of their lives knowing that I will always be there for them anyway I can”
8. “I am not perfect as a mother, I forget things, I make mistakes, I lose my cool, and some days I go a little crazy. But it’s okay because, in the end, no one can ever love my children the way I do”
9. “If I could give my children three things, it would be the strength to follow their dreams, the confidence to know their self-worth, and the ability to know how truly and deeply loved they are”
10. “I will be your biggest fan, I will be your protector, I will always defend you, I will be your friend, I will be your confidant, I will always be proud of you, and I will love you unconditionally because I will be you mom/dad always and forever”
11. “My wallet would be full and my house will be clean without my children, but my heart would be very empty and sad”.
12. “It’s not simply a habit to tell my children how much I love them. It is a constant reminder for them to know that they are the best thing that has ever happened to me”.
13. “I am not a perfect person but one thing I will never regret is bringing you into this world”
14. “The soul is healed by being with children” –Fyodor Dostoevsky
15. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage” –Lao Tzu
16. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them” –Victor Hugo
17. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside of your body” –Elizabeth Stone
18. “As soon as this child was born, I immediately wanted to call my parents and just apologize because I never knew how much they loved me” –Ashton Kutcher
19. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves” –Henry Ward Beecher
20. “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace” –Thomas Paine
21. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child” – Henry Ward Beecher
22. “I don’t remember who said this but there are really places in your heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child” –Anne Lamott
23. “Success and even life itself wouldn’t be worth anything if I didn’t have my children by my side. They mean everything to me” –Jude Law
24. “If I had to choose between breathing and loving my children, I would use my last breath to tell them “I love you” –Anonymous
25. “Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him and to teach him to love what is difficult” –Nadia Boulanger
26. “And she loved a little boy very much, even more than she loved herself” –Shel Silverstein
27. “A parent’s love for their children simply cannot be destroyed. We’ll love them unconditionally no matter what they do” –Anonymous
28. “Children need love especially when they don’t deserve it” –Harold Hulbert
29. “I’ve carried a child within my body, I’ve slept with them on my chest, I’ve kissed toes, wiped away tears, and spent sleepless nights cradling my child. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. There is no greater honor, blessing, or love” –Anonymous
30. “Until one becomes a mother, no one can ever tell you what it feels like to love someone so deeply and profoundly that you will rejoice when they rejoice, ache when they ache, feel what they feel, even without speaking a word.” –Jennifer Quinn
31. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s” _Princess Diana
33. “Hugs can do great amounts of good especially for children” –Princess Diana
34. “Cherish your children for they are the footprints you will leave behind” –Taylor Evan Fulks
35. “Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children” –Walt Disney
36. “A man’s daughter is his heart just with feet walking out in the world” –Mat Johnson
37. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having a permanent armor for the rest of your life” –Marinela Reka
38. “Tell me what’s more important than being present for children and listening to them. I’ll wait”. -Maxime Lagacé
39. “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep”. -H. Jackson Brown Jr
40. “Even if people are still very young, they shouldn’t be prevented from saying what they think”. -Anne Frank
Motivational Quotes About Loving Children
1. “Butterflies have wings so they can fly, fish have gills so they can swim, bunnies have 4 legs so they can run, and I have a heart so that I can love you”
2. Sometimes when I feel so down and out, I only need to look at you and be reminded that you are my miracle. I love you my baby”
3. “A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on” –Carl Sandburg
4. “Children make you want to start life over” –Muhammad Ali
5. “Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life” –Sophocles
6. “What it’s like to be a parent: It is one of the hardest things you will ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love” –Nicholas Sparks
7. “The beauty that surrounds me is absolutely breathtaking, it’s the faces of my children” –Anabela Loureiro
8. “Accept children the way we accept trees with gratitude, because they are a blessing. Don’t have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are” –Isabel Allende
9. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing” –Ricki Lake
10. “What greater aspiration and challenge are there for a mother than the hope of raising a great son or daughter?” –Rose Kennedy
11. “There will be many times you will feel like you have failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are a supermom” –Stephanie Precourt
12. “A person is a person no matter how small” –Dr. Seuss
13. “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children” –Nelson Mandela
14. “Of all the titles I have been privileged to have, “Dad” has always been the best” –Unknown
15. “All little girls should be told they are pretty” –Marilyn Monroe
16. “Fathers, be your daughter’s first love and she will never settle for anything less” –Anonymous
17. “The most important mark I will leave on this world is my son” –Sarah Shahi
18. “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
20. “The final stage of wisdom is becoming a kid again”. -Maxime Lagacé
21. “A child is an uncut diamond”. -Austin O’Malley
22. “Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy”. -Robert A. Heinlein
23. “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence”. -Denis Waitley
24. “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today”. -Stacia Tauscher
25. “Teach your children they’re unique. That way, they won’t feel pressured to be like everybody else”. -Cindy Cashman
26. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them”. -James Baldwin
27. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man”. -Rabindranath Tagore
28. “Always smile back at little children. To ignore them is to destroy their belief that the world is good”. -Pam Brown
29. “A child is not a vase to be filled, but a fire to be lit”. -Francois Rabelais
30. “Wealth and children are the adornments of life”. –Quran
31. “Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see”. -John F. Kennedy
32. “If a man leaves little children behind him, it is as if he did not die”. -Moroccan Proverb
Parent Quotes About Loving Children
1. “A child may outgrow your lap but they will never outgrow your heart”
2. “The greatest gift I can give to my children is my time, my attention, and my love”
3. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world” –Agatha Christie
4. “And she loved a little boy very much, even more than she loved herself” –Shel Silverstein
5. “Shine on my child, for in my life, you’re the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes”
6. “I knew what my purpose was the day you came into my life, to love and protect you with all that I have”
7. “No matter what, I let my children know that they were wished for, prayed for, longed for, and that they will be loved forever”
8. “My children may not have everything they want in this world, but they will have a mom that loves them more than anything in this world.
9. “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life”
10. “A son is a mother’s most precious treasure”
11. “And I promise you this: no matter who enters your life, I will always love you more than any of them”.
12. “If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them and half as much money” –Abigail Van Buren
13. “Before I had my child, I thought I knew all the boundaries of myself, that I understood the limits of my heart. It’s extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out to realize your love is inexhaustible” –Uma Thurman
14. “Remember that children, marriages and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get” –H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
15. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you, worry that they are always watching you” –Robert Fulghum
16. “My children are delightful people whom I would love even if they were not my children” –Tony Morrison
17. “Children learn to smile from their parents” –Shinichi Suzuki
18. “Parenting should always come from a place of unconditional loving” –Fiona Dimas-Herd
19. “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow” –A.P.J Abdul Kalam
20. “My children are the reason I laugh, smile, and want to get up every morning” –Gena Lee Nolin
21. “Having children is my greatest achievement. It was my savior. It switched my focus from the outside to the inside. My children are gifts and they remind me of what’s important” –Elle Macpherson
22. “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men” –Frederick Douglass
23. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness” –Honore de Balzac
24. “You don’t know what unconditional love is. You may say you do, but if you don’t have a child, you don’t know what it is. But when you experience it, it is the most fulfilling ever” –Regina King
25. “A mother’s heart is a patchwork of love” –Anonymous
26. “It is terrifying that unconditional love you have for a child. I still wonder if she really came from me, from my womb. It’s a miracle. I don’t understand it. I live it very intensely” –Anne Parillaud
27. I love my children, that will never change. I have prayed to them for forgiveness and hope that they will forgive me because I never meant to hurt them” –Susan Smith
28. “My feeling of responsibility for the safety and well-being of my children is so strong, that should an asteroid threaten to wipe out all life on earth, I would still hold myself responsible for their fate” –Boghos L. Artinian
29. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking; it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” –Helen Steiner Rice
30. “A mother understands what a child does not say” –Jewish proverb
31. “Children are our most valuable resource” –Herbert Hoover
32. “We may never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves” –Henry Ward Beecher
33. “Kids go where there is excitement, they stay where there is love” –Zig Ziglar
34. “Kindness to children, love for children, goodness to children, are the only investments that never fail” –Henry David Thoreau
35. “A son is a son till he gets a wife, a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life” –Irish proverb
36. “What is a home without children? Quiet”. -Henny Youngman
37. “Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence”. –Plato
38. “There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings”. -Hodding Carter
Funny Quotes About Loving Children
1. “I love my children beyond all reason. They are my joy even when they are wild with kid energy” –Christopher Meloni
2. “Children need at least one person in their life that thinks the sun rises and sets on them, someone who delights in their existence, and loves them unconditionally” –Pamela Leo
3. “It doesn’t matter how old a son is. He will always be a small boy for his mother even if he is big and strong”.
4. “I love my children very much. They make me go late to every event without having to take the blame”
5. “A baby will make your days shorter, love stronger, bankroll smaller, clothes shabbier, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for”
6. “In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul” –Lisa T. Shepherd
7. “Everything I thought I’d hate about having children, the crying, the screaming, nothing fazes me. I love it all, and it relaxed me” –Elton John
8. It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful” –Roald Dahl
9. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have for instance” –Franklin P. Jones
10. “Play is the work of the child” –Maria Montessori
11. “Having one child makes you a parent; having two, you are a referee”. -David Frost
12. “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going”. -P. J. O’Rourke
13. “The most effective form of birth control I know is spending the day with my kids”. -Jill Bensley
14. “I’ve been to war. I’ve raised twins. If I had a choice, I’d rather go to war”. -George W. Bush
15. “Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories”. -John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
16. “Give me the children until they are seven and anyone may have them afterward”. -St. Francis Xavier
Quotes About Loving Grown-Up Children
1. “It’s a beautiful thing to watch another adult walking around in the world with my heart beating inside them”
2. “I love you for the baby you were and for the man/woman you are today”.
3. “I know you must walk your own part but let my love be the light that guides you”.
4. “I know you are an adult now, but my heart does not realize that and you will always be my sweet baby”
5. “You are an adult now and you may no longer need my help but you will always need love from my heart, most especially when we are apart”.
6. “Seeing you grow up so talented, brilliant, and beautiful fills me with so much purpose. I just love the fact that you are my child”.
7. When your days are hard, when your luck seems to fail, and when your friends turn against you, just know that I am a phone call away”.
8. “My children will never have to wonder for love, hug, or support, I will always be there for them no matter how much they grow up”.
9. “Raising my children was my choice. Sometimes I give up things for them but I don’t regret it. No matter how big they get or how far they go, my life was for them, is for them, and will always be for them. They have not ruined my life, all they have done is to give me a new meaning of life”.
10. “When you have brought up kids, there are memories you store directly in your tear ducts” –Robert Brault
11. “Children will not remember you for the material things you gave them but for the feeling that you cherished them” –Richard L. Evans
12. “A baby is something you carry inside you for 9 months, in your arms for 3 years, and then in your heart until the day you die” –Mary Mason
13. “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible” –Marion C. Garretty
How To Use These Quotes About Loving Children
Note that we don’t have the trademarks for these quotes, so be free to use them however you want.
- You can send them as a random text message to your kids
- Write them in handmade cards you give them on their birthdays, graduation, or any special occasion.
- Write them on a short note and accompany it with gifts
- Say these quotes to them in person or when on the phone with them
- Read it to yourself to motivate you on this parenting journey. Just reading through these quotes will make you happy.
- You can use them as a daily reminder of your commitment to your children.
- You can share it on your social media platforms to let your friends know how your kids make you feel.
- Use these to form or create your own quotes. You can even re-create these quotes.
- You can rewrite these quotes in your own voice and words. Quotes don’t have to be someone’s exact words to make you feel good.
- Use these quotes in your baby book or scrapbook. Your kids might not appreciate it while young but later they will really love this. Every grown-up child will love and appreciate a handcrafted item that expresses how much they mean to their parents.
- Use these quotes on your DIY greeting card or thank you card if your child is old enough to read.
- You can also use them as lunch box notes for your kids to find.
We hope you love these amazing quotes as you use them to brighten your children’s day and also to strengthen your relationship with them.