If all your vehicle does is to move you around and satisfy other personal needs, then you are not maximizing the benefits of owning it. There are several money-making opportunities available to vehicle owners, and you can easily take advantage of the various driving apps to make money.
The driving apps to make money come in different categories to suit and meet the desires of car owners. Some of the major options available are;
- Driving apps that pay you to advertise with your vehicle. E.g – Cavertise
- Driving apps that pay you for renting out your vehicle. E.g – Getaround
- Driving apps that pay you to transport people with your vehicle. E.g – Uber.
- Driving apps that pay you to deliver food and groceries with your vehicle. E.g – DoorDash
- Driving apps that reward you for driving safely. E.g – OnMyWay
Best Ways To Make Money Driving With Apps
Become A Ride-Sharing Driver
One of the best ways to make money driving with apps is to be involved in transporting people around. Factors that determine and form the basis of payment for rideshare drivers are distance, time, bonuses, and tips.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
Another way to make money driving apps is by ordering food from specified restaurants and delivering it to various customers.
Advertise While Driving
Apps that pay you to advertise allow you to earn while carrying out your regular activities. Your car gets wrapped either partially or totally and you are paid for miles covered. Examples of these apps are StickerRide and Wrapify. You can earn up to $400 monthly to advertise your car.
Rent Out Your Car
While you are not using your car, you can rent it out to other drivers to be used and you will be paid in return. Some of the apps that connect you with drivers that may want to hire your car are Getaround and TravelCar.
You can make an average of $720 every month renting out your car.
Best Driving Apps To Make Money
Here is a list of the best driving apps to make money either as a side hustle or a full time gig.
If you don’t want to be involved in transporting strangers, Amazon flex is a suitable driving app for you.
With Amazon Flex, you will get paid for delivering Amazon packages according to customers’ requests. Amazon flex drivers earn an average of $18- $25 per hour.
Requirements to be met to work as a driver for Amazon Flex are highlighted below.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must possess a social security number
- You must possess a U.S driver’s license
- Bank account to receive direct deposit
- Must pass the background check
To work as a roadie driver, you will be saddled with the responsibility of delivering items such as groceries, furniture, and sometimes pets.
To work with Roadie, some requirements must be met which are listed below.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must possess a social security number
- Must possess a U.S driver’s license
- Must maintain a 4-star rating (this is based on sender’s feedback)
Roadie drivers can earn an average of $650/per trip for long trips while an average of $15 per trip for short or local gigs.
Getaround helps car owners to rent out their cars and get paid in return. For your vehicle to be hired on this app, the following requirements must be met.
- Your car must not be older than the 2008 model.
- It must have below 125,000 miles on the odometer
- Passengers’ seats must not accommodate more than 8
- It must also be a four-wheeled vehicle.
With Getaround, you earn 60 percent of the rental rate while the 40 percent goes to Getaround to cover up for the insurance cover (while your vehicle is being used) and roadside assistance.
You will also have to make a one-time payment of $99 to cover the onboarding and cost of installing the service in your car. An additional $20 will be paid monthly for the data subscription to take care of the access to the Connect system.
The competitive price for car rentals on Getaround is assumed to be between $5 and $8 per hour and it is advisable you maintain that range so that you can easily get your car hired.
What comes to car owners will then be the 60 percent of whatever amount their car is being hired for. For instance, if you hire your car for $5.hour, the amount that comes to you per hour will be $3.
For you to work as a driver for Dolly, you will require a strong vehicle because of the things that you may constantly need to move. Most of the deliveries that you may have to make on behalf of Dolly are furniture and making use of vans is likely the best option of moving them.
This driving app is perfect for a vehicle that can conveniently transport heavy items to various locations.
With Dolly, you can earn an average of $30/ hour and to work as Dolly Hands requires you;
- To be at least 18 years
- You must have a vehicle (SUV, car, or mini-van)
- Must have a Smartphone
- Must pass the background check
This is a unique driving app that focuses on providing roadside assistance to people who need services like fuel delivery, battery jump-start, towing, flat tire, or winch.
You can earn an average of $75 per 15-mile towing and for you to earn using this driving app, the following requirements must be met.
- You must be at least 18 years
- Must have a towing vehicle
- A driver’s license
- A Smartphone
- You must have an extra tire, a winch, and battery
Apps To Make Money While Driving
These categories of driving apps help you to earn carrying out your daily activities. You don’t have to deliver anything or transport anyone; you just get to go wherever you want to go in your car.
Let’s get down to learning more about these apps.
This is one of the driving apps to make money that is not so popular but it is an amazing option for vehicle owners who want to earn extra cash trading with their vehicle.
Caviar drivers are responsible for delivering food orders to customers from which they can earn an average of $25/hour.
If you want to earn via driving using the Caviar app, there are terms and conditions that you must adhere to. Interestingly the conditions are easy to abide by and they include;
- Must be at least 18 years
- Must own a means of transportation ( car, scooter, truck, or bike)
- Not less than two years of driving experience.
- Own a Smartphone
- Must have a social security number
- You must also pass the background check that will be carried out.
If you cover not less than 150 miles weekly, you are a good candidate for Nickelytics and you can earn an average of $250 monthly working with this fleet advertising company.
To earn as a driver using Nickelytics, you must meet these requirements.
- You must not be less than 18 years
- Your car must not be older than ten years
- You must be able to cover at least 30 miles daily
- You must have a violation-free driving record.
This is one of the apps that pay you for advertising on your car. To get started with StickerRide, this is what you need to do;
- Download the app on your phone (Android or Apple)
- Register your car
- Select an auto wrap campaign
- Visit one of the StickerRide locations (your car will be washed by a staff of StickerRide and the sticker ads will be installed)
For you to start earning, you must ensure that the StickerRide app is on anytime you are driving so that the miles covered can be tracked. You can earn an average of $50 a month.
This is another driving app that is not so popular yet amazing. With it, drivers can earn an average of $22/hour for delivering groceries to customers.
To work as a delivery driver for Shipt you must meet the following conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- A valid mailing address
- A valid driver’s license and insurance.
- The vehicle must not be older than the year2007 model.
- Must have a SmartPhone
- Must be able to lift not less than 45 pounds
OnMyWay is a driving app that rewards you for driving safely while going about your regular activities. Although you will enjoy additional rewards when you recommend the apps to others and also encourage safe driving.
You get 5cents for every mile you drive safely and extra 2 cents per mile when those you refer drive safely.
All that qualifies a driver for payment on the OnMyWay app is to ensure that you drive safely
Top Driving Apps To Make Money
Instacart ranked as one of the driving apps that pay drivers for delivering groceries to customers’ homes. They do so by purchasing the requested items from the local stores and delivering them to the customer.
- You must not be less than 18 years
- Must have a smartphone
- Eligible to work in US or Canada
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must have a Social Security Number
- A checking account for direct deposit payments.
DoorDash is one of the top driving apps to make money and several drivers are taking advantage of it while many others will still do (you can be one of them)
You make money with DoorDash by delivering food to customers from restaurants of their choice and with it, you can earn an average of $18.67 per hour.
Drivers for DoorDash are referred to as dashers. As a dasher, you can select hours that are convenient and work from anywhere you choose.
- Must not be less than 18 years
- Must have a Smartphone
- You must have a driver’s license and insurance
- Must have a car
- Other means of transportation( bike, bicycle, etc) are also accepted.
Driving for UberEats is one of the commonest side gigs available to those who are in search of extra cash to support their income.
UberEats is a food delivery platform that is often used by several restaurants to get food across to their customers.
If you choose to work as a delivery driver for UberEats, you can earn up to $12 per hour. Interestingly, to qualify as one is so easy. The requirements you just have to meet up with include;
- Must not be less than 19 years
- Must possess a driver’s license and insurance
- At least a year of driving experience
- The car model should not be earlier than 1998
- A clear and violation-free driving record for the past seven years
- Must pass the background check usually carried out after applying.
Apps To Make Money Driving In Miami
Here is a list of some of the apps to make money driving in Miami.
- goPuff– earn an average of $20 per hour
- Hungryharvest-earn between $20-$30/hour
- Instacart– earn an average of $75 per day
- Amazon flex-earn an average of $75 per day
- DoorDash– earn an average of $60 per day
Several of the driving apps to make money have been carefully listed above therefore you now have at your fingertips better ways of maximizing the use of your car.
From the variety of options, you can increase your income, conveniently pay your bills, and also have to save for the future.
Start earning now.
- 10 Best Productivity Planners in 2023 (you absolutely need one!) - January 16, 2023
- Is freelance writing worth it? 10+ benefits that say yes - January 6, 2023
- 10 Best Clothes For Apron Belly - December 5, 2022