A good night’s rest is important for mental alertness and maximum productivity, therefore you will need one of the best bed sheets if a restful night is your priority.
Many people don’t know how integral a good bed sheet is to sound sleep. The best bed sheets will help your skin thermo-regulate and ensure that your sleep is restful.
In this post, we’ve researched bed sheets that will give you maximum comfort and sound sleep.
But first, below are factors to consider when searching for the best bed sheets.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
Factors To Consider When Shopping For The Best Bed Sheets
You should consider the material and choose the one that suits you best because different materials suit people or meet their sleep needs differently.
For instance, if you need a bed sheet with cooling effect, you should go for bed sheets made from bamboo, microfiber or cotton. If you need warmer sheets, flannel is the best choice.
Also, there are some brands of bed sheets that claim to be organic but that can be misleading. Many people love buying organic cotton sheets just to boycott chemicals that were added in the production process.
Most brands labelled organic use crops certified organic by the USDA but chemicals may be involved in the production process. Most of them were chemically modified with dyes or finishes.
If you want real organic cotton sheets, you should opt for undyed organic cotton. It is stated on the label.
Thread count is very important but it may not mean much if the material is cheap and the construction shoddy. Also, some high quality materials with high quality weaves can still feel great irrespective of the thread count.
So you have to pay careful attention to this so that you get the best out of your money.
We also recommend that you shop for bed sheets with Oeko-TEX certification. This ensures that no harmful chemicals were involved in the production of the bed sheets.
This certification adds a level of confidence to the consumer about the product which in this case are bed sheets.
You can also check for the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), this will tell you if your sheets are truly organic or not. It also controls the manufacturing process to ensure no harmful chemicals are used and it also mandates that organic cottons are used.
This will let you know what makes up the fabric. This information is listed on the product label and even when shopping online, they will list it under features.
Some common fiber content you will find are:
- Cotton: This is the most popular choice of fiber content because it feels natural on the skin and it is soft and durable. Varieties of long staple cotton like Pima or Egyptian are more durable and smooth. Note that some brands may falsely label their products.
A way to know genuine cotton is from the price. Another way is to use the burn test. Take a few fibers of the bed sheet and hold it against a flame. Genuine cotton will smell like burning paper and it will leave a greyish ash without any sign of melting.
2. Polyester: Bed sheets made with polyester are more affordable and they are resistant to shrinking and wrinkle than cotton. They are also super smooth, although they are not as luxurious as cotton. Their synthetic feel will always give them away. However, there are fiber contents that are a blend of cotton and polyester.
3. Regeneration cellulose: This fiber is commonly known as “lyocell” or “viscose”. The fiber is made from plants like Eucalyptus and bamboo trees and then they are chemically processed into fibers. They are known for being incredibly soft, even softer than cotton.
4. Linen: This is the best choice of material for summer, it is breathable and airy. It is also crisp and has a unique texture. However, hemp sheets are getting popular now because they feel like linen.
5. Silk: This fiber has a natural temperature regulating feature and it is incredibly smooth. It is an ultimate luxury purchase. However, it is expensive and cannot stand repeated washing.
This is all about how the fiber is built irrespective of the fiber used. The construction has a major effect on how the bed sheet will feel on the skin.
Below are common constructions you will find listed on product labels or online.
- Percale: This is a simple weave that feels crisp and light. It is good for hot sleepers and it is more breathable than other constructions.
- Sateen: This feels silky and most people prefer the feel of soft cotton over cotton percale.
- Flannel: These are bushed fabric that are warm and cozy. Flannel sheets are made from cotton but some are made from polyester.
- Jersey: These are stretchy knit materials that feels like a t-shirt. Jerseys made from cotton are soft but not durable like sateen or percale. There are synthetic jersey sheets which have good moisture wicking properties but they will feel like active wear on your bed.
- Microfiber: This is made from tiny polyester fibers and it is buttery soft when felt. It is inexpensive but may feel a bit light when compared to other constructions.
Opt for bed sheets with temperature-regulating technology. This will keep you comfortable all night and wick away sweat and other moisture. The sheet you pick should have breathable weaves like percale to prevent overheating. Linen and lyocell are fibers that have inherent cooling abilities, so go for sheets made with these features if cooling ability is your top priority.
Is it machine-washable or not? Does it need cold water or delicate cycles? Most bed sheets are cleanest when washed with hot or warm water, so it’s best to opt for bed sheets that can withstand hot temperature especially if you are a sweaty sleeper.
Other factors to consider when buying bed sheets are:
- Fabric strength
- Pilling resistance (how resistant it is to wear and tear after washing)
- Wrinkle resistance
The Best Bedsheets To Buy
This bed sheet is specially made for hot sleepers who sweat while sleeping at night. The sheets are hypoallergenic and they are well known for their temperature-controlling abilities.
The manufacturers say this bed sheet has a thread count of 1500. This bed sheet is resistant to wrinkle, microbes and moisture.
The PeachSkinSheets has over 4,000 reviews on Amazon and an average rating of 4.5 stars. It will keep you comfortable, cool, and dry at night when sleeping.
This bed sheet doesn’t absorb sweat or moisture, rather it wicks it away. It is also strong and durable, awesome on sensitive skin, and stain resistant.
Customers praise this bedsheet for being extremely soft. However, some customers complained that skin oil persists on the sheets and that they are difficult to wash out.
- Temperature-controlling ability
- 1500 thread count
- Strong and durable
2. LuxClub 6 PC Sheet Set Bamboo Sheets Deep Pockets 18″ Eco Friendly Wrinkle Free Sheets Machine Washable Hotel Bedding Silky Soft – Cream Queen
This amazing bedsheet has more than 150,000 reviews on Amazon and also an average rating of 4.5 stars.
Its bamboo viscose fabric is blended with microfiber and this makes it softer than a jersey. The LuxClub 6 PC Sheet Set Bamboo Sheets is resistant to wrinkle and hypoallergenic.
It also helps in regulating temperature. All these features are due to its percale weave. It is also recommended for hot sleepers because it wicks away sweat and moisture.
However, it is important you note that this bed sheet is not fully made from bamboo. Then some customers complained that the finishing on the edges doesn’t look too classy.
- Made from bamboo
- Very soft
- Regulates temperature
3. SHEEX – Original Performance Sheet Set with 2 Pillowcases, Ultra-Soft Fabric Cooling and Breathes Better Than Traditional Cotton – Bright White, Queen
If you are looking for a “go-to for moisture wicking bed sheets” then you should go for this. It has a soft feel, and the fabric is breathable and has moisture wicking features.
It has over 2,900 reviews on Amazon and a 4.4-star average rating on Amazon. Also, it comes in 12 colors and all colors will ensure sweat-free sleeping.
However, some customers complained that the sheets are super silky and slippery and wouldn’t stay on the bed. This made some customers say that they were uncomfortable.
- Wicks moisture
- Soft and breathable
The microfiber of this bed sheet is made from 100% polyester and has a thread count of 1800. It has an average rating of 4.5-star on Amazon and over 290,000 review.
The Mellanni queen sheet set is available in 42 different colors and 11 sizes, ranging from the Twin XL to Split King.
This bed sheet is machine-washable (cold) and is resistant to wrinkle, shrinking, stains, and fading. It is easy to care for and more durable than some brands of cotton bed sheets.
One amazing thing about this product is that it comes with a lifetime warranty.
Most of the customers’ reviews on Amazon are awesome. However, some complained of the bed sheets not fitting their beds properly.
- 1800 thread count
- Available in 11 sizes and 42 colors
- Resistant to wrinkles, stains, and shrinking.
- Also resistant to fading
If you are looking for one of the best sateen bed sheets, you should go for this. It has a thread count of 480, it is OEKO-TEX certified and it comes in 12 colors.
It is made from long staple cotton and has a silkier and more substantial feel than percale.
This bed sheet feels like butter and it will still look and feel great after many washes. If you are not satisfied with this product, you can return it or exchange it even after a year after purchase.
However, some customers complained of it not fitting their beds. And some complained that it is not soft enough to their liking.
- OEKO-TEX certified
- Very silky
- 1 year warranty
This is one of the best bamboo bed sheets you can find. The BedVoyage Bamboo Rayon Sheet is made from naturally derived fibers like bamboo and this makes it the best choice for warm sleepers.
Apart from being soft, super soft like baby soft on your skin, it is also durable. It can last two times longer than cotton sheets.
It is highly comfortable and soothes sensitive skin due to its hypoallergenic property. With this bedsheet, you would bid rashes, acne, puffiness, and irritation goodbye.
It also has a cooling effect. Bamboo breathes three times more than cotton. This will prevent you from overheating and you would stay cool all night long.
This bed sheet is good for hot sleepers and women going through menopause.
However, customers complained that the bed sheets are so slippery that they slide from them and they wake up and find the sheets on the floor sometimes.
Despite this, the bed sheet has awesome reviews on Amazon.
- Bamboo bed sheet
- Super soft and durable
- Breathable with a cooling effect
If you love bamboo bed sheets but you find them too expensive, you can go for this bamboo bed sheet which is less expensive.
It resists odors and bacteria because it is made from bamboo. This is a good choice for those with pets that climb the bed.
It is also good for night sweaters due to its excellent moisture-wicking property. The Oasis fine linens island bamboo bed sheet also has an insulating property that helps in regulating your body temperature when sleeping.
Most of the reviews on Amazon are positive.
- Made from bamboo
- Resistant to odors and bacteria
- Regulates body temperature
The Ink + Ivy bed sheet is one of the best jersey sheets you can find. It has an incredible level of comfort and it is also a low maintenance bed sheet. They never wrinkle.
This bed sheet is also durable and can stand lots of wash and wear.
Many customers complained of this bed sheet not fitting their beds. Some also complained that it is not as soft as they wanted. Another user said it was too long and scratchy and doesn’t recommend it for tossers or turners.
- Jersey bed sheet
- Highly comfortable
- Resistant to wrinkles
- Highly durable
If you want to spend so little for a great bed sheet, then you should opt for this. It is budget friendly, it comes in lots of colors and prints, it is also smooth and holds up to washing.
This Amazon Basics bed sheet is similar to the Mellanni set and it has an incredibly smooth feel due to its polyester microfiber. Its synthetic fiber has built-in shrink and wrinkle resistant properties.
It has over 280,000 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.6-star. It also comes in a wide variety of colors (44 to be precise) for you to choose from.
Despite its low cost, this bed sheet is a top performer when it comes to its durability. It can hold up to long term use and many users loved it for its soft and lightweight property.
- Light weight
This bed sheet is made from GOTS-certified organic cotton and it is highly soft and durable. The GOTS certifications (The Global Organic Textile Standard) shows that the whole manufacturing process is organic and not just the way the cotton used was grown.
This makes this bed sheet a safer option for people who are looking for organic bed sheets.
However, some customers complained of the bed sheet shrinking and having some creases after washing. Although some customers loved the lightweight and overall smoothness, some said it wasn’t as hefty or thick as other sateen bed sheets.
- Safer and free of harmful chemicals
- Lightweight and very smooth
Sleep is highly important for good health, we spend about 1/3 of our lives sleeping. This should be done on the best bed sheets for maximum comfort and a rejuvenating sleep.
Some of the very best bed sheets have been compiled in this post with their features and reviews, for you to make an informed choice.
You might like:
***Warning*** There are exactly 38,318 blog posts online that promise to teach you how to…
Affiliate marketing on Amazon is one of the best ways for bloggers to make passive…
- 10 Best Productivity Planners in 2023 (you absolutely need one!) - January 16, 2023
- Is freelance writing worth it? 10+ benefits that say yes - January 6, 2023
- 10 Best Clothes For Apron Belly - December 5, 2022