Statistics reveal that back pain is responsible for more than 264 million lost work days yearly. This is mostly caused by bad sitting posture at work.
This is why best work from home chairs are important.
Humans, by nature, are not designed to sit down for a long period of time. But work and business are forcing many to do so. A good work from home office chair will prevent the consequences of sitting down for a long time.
One of these consequences is back pain which is a leading cause of disability in the world today. It prevents a lot of people from working or even doing their daily routine tasks. Back pain is curable and avoidable, by using the best chair for working.
This is why whether you work from home or an office, you need a good chair. But in this post, we will be focusing on the best work from home chairs.
- What Is The Best Chair For Working From Home?
- What Are Ergonomic Chairs?
- How To Select The Best Work From Home Office Ergonomic Chairs
- Benefits of Ergonomic Chairs; The Best Chair For Work From Home
- The Best Chairs For Working From Home
- Reviews On 10 Best Work From Home Chairs (Real People's Choices)
What Is The Best Chair For Working From Home?
The best work from home chair is an Ergonomic chair.
This chair is made and designed to suit your work type, your size, and even your work environment.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
The sitting arrangement of an ergonomic chair is supportive and even adjustable, compared to regular chairs. Almost every part of an ergonomic chair is adjustable, from the height, to the reclining angle, backrest, and the armrest.
This is a great tool and one of the must-haves if you want to stay healthy, avoid back pain and also increase your productivity.
An ergonomic chair will help you work as long as you want without the discomfort of that frustrating backache.
This is why we put together this post to help you select the best work from home chair.
What Are Ergonomic Chairs?
Ergonomic chairs are chairs designed to adapt to the specific needs of the users. Chairs are classified as ergonomic when they have lumbar support, seat depth, and adjustable seat height.
This makes it possible for you to adjust the height of the chair so that your legs are perpendicular to the floor. The seat pan is also adjustable which makes it easy for you to sit comfortably.
Proper lumbar support ensures that there is ample support for your lower back. This ensures that your spine is rightly aligned when sitting down thereby promoting good posture.
How To Select The Best Work From Home Office Ergonomic Chairs
Check the adjustments
Ergonomic chairs have lots of adjustments to promote comfort. The basic adjustments an ergonomic chair should have are:
- Tilt lock
- Adjustable tilt tension
- Chair height adjustment: The seat height should be adjustable so that your knees can be a little lower than your hips and your feet resting flat on the ground.
- Adjustable seat pan: The seat slider or seat pan depth should be adjustable so that you can have 1-4 inches between the back of your knee and the front edge of your seat. This allows for blood flow and leg support.
- Adjustable arm height
- Adjustable arm width
- Lumbar support: The lumbar support has to be adjustable so that you can sit in a correct position or posture.
- Adjustable headrest: Although this is not a requirement for an ergonomic chair, it helps you fit properly into your chair.
- Backrest height adjustment: This allows you to adjust the height of your chair back for optimal back support. It positions the contours of the back cushions.
- Swivel base allows you to turn the while you are seated.
- Back angle adjustment: This enables you to fine tune the back of the chair for a comfortable sitting position. But we still recommend that you stand up and exercises regularly, change positions while working, or leave the back angle unlocked so that you can rock back and forth.
- Back tilt tension adjustment: It allows you to adjust the pressure you need to rock back in your chair.
- Arm support adjustment: This includes arm height and arm width adjustment to help support your hands while you type.
- Quality casters: This feature is often overlooked but it is important because it supports your entire body weight. Cheaper casters don’t last, they break easily.
- Stable wheel base: A good work from home office chair needs a minimum of five-spoke caster base.
These are what you should look out for when selecting the best work from home office chairs.
However, we advise that you change posture occasionally especially if you sit down for long hours working. These movement and posture changes will increase blood flow and prevent deep vein thrombosis.
It will also increase alertness. Apart from rocking and changing your back angle, you can take a 5 minutes mini break occasionally to help you stay healthy while working.
Choosing the best work from home office chairs is important for your comfort, productivity, and even long-term health.
Benefits of Ergonomic Chairs; The Best Chair For Work From Home
Here are some of the most important benefits of ergonomic work from home chairs.
They fit perfectly
Ergonomic chairs are a perfect fit for anyone who uses them. You know that feeling when you wear perfectly fitted clothes right? That’s how an ergonomic chair fits you perfectly.
It offers the perfect custom fit based on your preferences. And this is because every part of this chair is adjustable, from the height of the chair to the lumbar support.
You can even set the depth of the chair according to your preference. The armrest can also be set to your liking.
Ergonomic chairs offer more comfort than the regular chairs and this can make you very comfortable at work.
People who work from home spend hours sitting down in front of their computers. Sometimes, they even work almost all day. For this alone, they deserve to sit down comfortably.
An ergonomic chair offers this comfort and also ensures that they are sitting down in the proper position thereby preventing back pain.
This best work from home chairs prevents sitting fatigue.
The comfort an ergonomic chair provides can help you work better, undistracted, and even longer hours thereby increasing productivity. The seat is designed to put less pressure on your back and neck.
It ensures that you sit properly in the right posture while at work. The ergonomic chair has a lot of features that promote your comfort while working from home.
So, if your focus is on productivity, you need to get an ergonomic chair.
Improved work quality
Your quality of work will improve if your work from home office chair doesn’t frustrate you or make you tired. You will complete all your tasks with more quality and meet all your deadlines.
If you are an employer, you should include ergonomic chairs at your workplace to improve the performance of your employees. Employees that are highly comfortable give their best and they become cherished assets of an organization.
Ergonomic chairs save costs
You may be wondering how an ergonomic chair will save cost when they come at a very high price. Well, they are more expensive than other chairs but they are also more rewarding in the long run.
All the benefits of the best office chairs mentioned above will increase your productivity and quality of your work, thereby increasing your profit.
Ergonomic chairs also reduce your chances of having musculoskeletal disorders. This medical condition characterized by pains is caused by poor posture and musculoskeletal disorders make up most of worker’s compensation cases.
You can prevent this condition and save costs of treatment by using an ergonomic chair, the best office chair for working from home.
If you are comfortable, there is little to complain about. Ergonomic chair increases comfort at work. You will be motivated to take your work from home job to the next level because of the comfort you get from this chair.
You will be able to pay more attention to details because you are highly comfortable.
Protects your health
Ergonomic chairs make the best work from home chairs because they make sure your health, posture, and bones are protected.
The chair is adjustable to ensure that you sit properly for your posture and overall health. It reduces lower back pain, supports the spine, relieves neck and shoulder pains, keeps your joints in a neutral position, and also ensures that your arms are resting well.
Ergonomic chairs are also said to help blood circulate well in the body. They reduce mental and physical fatigue.
These are some of the most amazing benefits of ergonomic chairs, the best office chair for working from home.
The Best Chairs For Working From Home
From this list of ours, you can pick the best chair for working from home that suits you best.
This is the first on our list because we consider it the best work from home chair overall.
Features and Pros:
- It is large and can hold up to 300 lbs
- It is best suited for people who are 5’3” to 6’3” in height.
- The SAMOFU ergonomic chair has an adjustable headrest and a footrest.
- It is designed to reduce pressure on your back and hips,
- It has lumbar support and ensures maximum comfort while you work.
- Also, it has silent wheels that move in a way that doesn’t damage your floor.
- It has great support and flexibility and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The company that produced the chair has high quality customer service.
- The seat is sweat-proof and breathable.
- It is expensive but it is worth it.
You can spend long hours daily in your home office working from home without any pain on this chair.
This is another quality work from home chair on our list and the most affordable. It is one of the most innovative work from home office chairs you will find.
It is designed to increase productivity, energy, and focus while at work.
Features and pros:
- It is suitable for everyone and can hold up to 300 lbs.
- The Gaiam classic balance ball chair supports spine realignment and offers back support.
- It strengthens your core and relieves back pain. It has lockable wheels.
- This desk chair for working from home is a great option for people who are on a budget.
- And it is best suited for people 5’5” to 5’11”.
- The only downside we discovered about this work from home office chair is that it is complicated to set up
- And you have to inflate the balls at room temperature for it to be inflated properly.
This chair is available on Amazon, get it here.
This work from home office chair is expensive but worth it because it is one of the best work from home office chairs we researched.
Features and pros:
- It has a special patented 3D technology made with your back in mind.
- It promotes every sitting position that no matter how you sit, you are fully supported.
- Also, it promotes deep breathing while you work and this ensures that you are focused and productive.
- The Aeris swopper ergonomic chair aids proper circulation of blood,
- Stimulates your metabolism, and offers unrestricted mobility.
- When sitting on this chair, your muscles support your back instead of a back rest. This, in turn, relieves pain and prevents tension.
- Its upholstery is high tech and contains 5 finely tuned layers.
- It has a breathable cover and there are no armrests. This is done to make you sit without sitting still.
This ergonomic chair is handmade and made by a company that has been focused on combating back pain for the past 25 years.
You will have good customer service when you purchase this work from home office chair.
- The only drawback about this chair is the price but if you can afford it please do so and you won’t ever regret this investment into your health and business.
This work from home ergonomic chair is available on Amazon.
This work from home office chair on our list is the most wanted because of all its amazing features. It is even trending on the internet.
Features and pros:
- It can suit any height
- It is easily adjustable.
- One of the best features of this chair is that the rocking feature can be turned on or off and used only when you need it.
- The rocking movement of this work from home office chair increases blood circulation around the body.
- It also increases concentration.
- And guess what? This office chair is multifunctional, you can use it as a stool.
- This ergonomic chair alleviates back pain by tilting your back pelvis forward and encourages a natural upright posture that will activate your core.
If you want to increase productivity and focus while you work from home, you should get this work from home chair. It is also easy to install.
- The only drawback we noticed about this product is that some pieces may be missing when your order arrives. However, it is possible for all the pieces to arrive together.
Aside from this drawback, this is one of the best work from home office chairs you can buy.
This ergonomic chair made it to our list for its amazing features and it also has the best design among all the chairs we reviewed. It is the most stylish option on our list.
If you live in a studio apartment or work from home without an office, but you want to transition from a dining or regular chair to a work from home office chair, you should get this.
Features and pros:
- This ergonomic chair has a rolling base, and swivels.
- It has a 3” extra thick non-toxic memory foam just to give you all the comfort you need to concentrate and work well.
- Also, it is easy to assemble when you order it. It takes just 30 minutes to do so and you don’t need extra tools.
- The height and recliner are also adjustable.
- You won’t experience sore back and legs again when using this work from home office chair.
- The only downside about this work from home office chair is that its blush pink color highlights dirt. However, this is nothing compared to the benefit of thick padding.
If you love this chair, head to Amazon and get yours.
If you are looking for the best work from home office chair with the best warranty, you should go for this.
Features and pros:
- It is stylish but offers a functional solution.
- It has a ventilated mesh back comfort and its contoured sear relieves leg pressure.
- The lever gives the option of a rocking motion, tilted position, or an upright position.
- The best feature of this work from home office chair is the warranty. It comes with a 5-year warranty on non-moving parts and a 2-year warranty on moving parts.
- The padding is easy to assemble and perfectly functional.
If you love this flashy work from home chair, get it here.
If you are more focused on features to select the best work from home office chairs for you, you should consider getting this, because it is the ergonomic office chair with the best features on our list.
It has some of the best features you will come across.
Features and pros:
- Its swivels has a breathable mesh
- The lumbar support system eliminates back pain.
- It has flappable armrests.
- It is a heavy-duty ergonomic work from home office chair with two sets of wheels that serves as a footrest and also strengthen the seat.
This office chair for working from home has all the tricks because it has a tilt function that makes it easy to sit in it for 12 hours during your work day without any pain or soreness.
- The only drawback about this chair is that it is bulky.
It is available on Amazon, get it here.
This work from home desk chair is one of the best you can go for if all you are after is comfort and no pain.
Features and pros:
- It has an adjustable headrest, 2-way lumbar support, adjustable seat depth, and a ventilated mesh back.
- It adequately supports the spine and maintains the S-curve and you can easily adjust it to suit you.
- Its quality is exceptional as it is made of solid materials for greater durability. This is why the chair is heavy.
- It comes with a 30-day trial and a 3-year warranty. This means you can easily return the chair if it doesn’t fit you.
- The upholstery and foam have a 1-year warranty.
This best work from home chair is available, get it here.
This work from home office chair comes with extra padding to give you maximum comfort.
If you are presently struggling with back pain and poor posture, you should get this.
Features and pros:
- It is made of super strong and durable materials. It is made to last for a long time and it supports up to 265 lbs.
- This kneeling office chair will naturally align your spine and prevent aches even after sitting down for long hours.
- It makes you more relaxed and productive.
This wonderful chair is available on Amazon.
Features and pros:
- This highly comfortable work from home office chair has an adjustable lumbar support system, armrest, and headrest.
- It fully supports the spine and ensures a perfect sitting posture while at work.
- You can also easily adjust the lumbar support up and down and front and back to get a suitable support best for you.
- This ensures that you go about your work without having an aching back.
- The whole support system ensures that you are sitting healthily and comfortable at work.
- The tilt function allows you to lock the backrest at three different locations and this will make you more comfortable and rest well.
- It is easy to install, it comes with all the installation tools and instructions in the carton. The installation only takes at most 25minutes.
It also comes with a 1-year warranty. If you love this, you can buy it on Amazon.
Reviews On 10 Best Work From Home Chairs (Real People’s Choices)
Karen Lee, the founder of Smart Robotic Home gave her opinion on this work from home chair.
She said “It is important to me to have a home office chair that is ergonomic as I tend to sit for long hours in a day. I recently purchased the Nobelwell chair from Amazon, and it has not been a disappointment!
This chair is very comfortable because it has a long back and neck/head support. This helps me to not slouch as much, and has helped to decrease any discomfort I have had in the past from bad posture. It is also very durable and has some bend in it for when I need to lay back a bit. I also appreciate the mesh backing as it can get pretty warm in my home office. The mesh is really breathable and forms to my back nicely. This chair is a great option for those who spend long periods of time at their desk and need a good amount of support.”
Chiara Sternardi, the community manager at Passport Photo Online gave her review on this best work from home office chair.
She said: “I chose it because it’s not very bulky, it’s good value for money. Using it I can say that it is comfortable because it has the right back support thanks to the curved shape. Plus, it is adjustable in height. Chair armrests are also comfortable, they allow you to have a relaxed but correct position. Finally, the castors. Thanks to them you can move the chair easily.”
Sharon van Donkelaar, CMO and Head of Growth at Expandi gave her opinion on the Mimoglad ergonomic office chair.
She said “I’ve been using this chair for my home office over the past year now, and I can certainly say I’ve never found such comfort in a chair before, not even in those that triple the price of this one. We’re talking about an ergonomic chair built with an S-shaped design backrest that also includes an adjustable lumbar pillow which, all together, provides you with great protection for your cervical and lumbar spine, helps you reduce back pain, and encourages a healthy sitting posture during long working hours.
The headrest and armrests are adjustable as well, but the feature that I love the most is its cushion, which is made out of native foam and makes me feel like I’m sitting in a cloud all day long. I cannot recommend this product enough for all of those working from home who are looking for a new office chair.”
Lindsey Allard, CEO and Co-Founder of PlaybookUX gave her review on the best work from home office chair, she said; “I use an HYLONE High-Back Chair with Adjustable Foot Ring & Flip-Up Arms for my home office and it has done me well so far.
It’s a solid chair that I use for my standing desk (when I’m not standing, obviously). The mesh back and cushioned seat provide excellent support for me during long work days where I need to be sitting for long periods of time.
My arms fit nicely on the armrests (that also go up), my legs comfortably rest on the foot ring, and the chair complements and encourages good posture.
All in all, this is a good chair for your standing desk!”
- Michal Jonca, Community Manager working remotely for the company PhotoAiD gave his review on the best office chair work from home, he said:
“During and after lockdown, I had to start working from home and spending the whole day behind a desk on my chair. My old one got broken, and I needed a new chair. My experience with leather chairs was negative, so I decided to narrow my choice to fabric ones. After hours of research, I chose SIHOO.
First of all, it’s effortless to install. I finished assembling it in 15 minutes. Mesh on the back keeps it cool. Excellent lumbar support, adjustable headrest, and comfortable seat make long working in a sitting position possible. I must admit that not just working on this chair but also sitting on it to rest is enjoyable.”
- Rachel Fink, CEO & Founder, Parenting Pod also recommended this chair and has this to say about it:
“I bought my current chair from Amazon, it is the SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair.
The reason I chose this particular chair is that it looked simple and minimalistic in its design, but had an adjustable headrest. Most of my previous chairs haven’t had a headrest, and I find it difficult to lean back and relax without one!
(And I really like to lean back and relax my head every so often while I’m writing!) I like that I can adjust almost everything about this chair so that it is comfortable for me specifically. I can adjust the headrest, the back support, the seat height, and the inclination, and it’s pretty easy to do so.”
- Angie Makljenovic – van Liesdonk of She Can Blog also recommended this chair, this is what she said;
“I bought this chair recently because I’m working from home every day and have been struggling with some serious problems with my shoulder.
I needed a chair that would help me sit up straight and comfortably to make sure the problem with my shoulder wouldn’t become worse. Yet, I also needed a chair that was still affordable as I didn’t have a big budget.
So far this chair is really helping me and my shoulder problem actually became less since I’m using it.”
Sonya Schwartz, the founder of Her Norm has this to say about her choice of the best work from home office chair:
“Personally, Oline ErgoPro Ergonomic Chair is the greatest office chair I’ve ever purchased. With all of these smart and helpful adjustability designs, it’s quite durable and comfy. It also helps and supports me with my bad back.”
Angela Genzale, a Registered Nurse in OB and a Certified Life Coach gave her review on the best office chair work from home, this is what she said:
“As an OB Nurse and mom who returned to working from home just a few weeks after giving birth, I know how painful it is for new moms to sit. I wish I had known about this uniquely designed chair.
I discovered it while recovering from a back injury that affected my sciatic nerve. Though I was able to work from home I could not tolerate sitting in a traditional chair. Standing at my adjustable height desk was more comfortable but exhausting.
This Ergonomic Kneeling Chair was a game changer! It allowed me to easily adjust my position to take pressure off the ischial tuberosities (sit bones) by just shifting my weight forward onto my knees and thighs.
It also allowed me to stretch and improve my posture. This kneeling chair is adjustable so I was able to make it fit perfectly. I wish I had purchased it long ago!”
Stacey D. Stewart, founder of Milkology has this to say on the best work from home office chair.
“I bought the Jacky Home Velvet Office Desk Chair with Mid-Back for my home office desk that has my desktop computer on it.
I bought it because it’s super cute and has a soft cushion on the bottom that makes it extra comfy.
It is even more comfortable than it looks! I’m able to sit for hours doing work without any pain whatsoever which helps me get more work done.”
Arvie Narido, writer and gift researcher for Gift Rabbit gave her opinion on the best chair work from home, he said:
“I initially chose this chair due to its pretty aesthetics. I’m obsessed with the shade of pink and white, and I thought it would be perfect for my pink-themed office.
Plus, it has an overwhelmingly positive online reviews so I got confident that it’s a good catch.
Fortunately, when I bought the chair, it didn’t disappoint me, functionality and ergonomically wise. I can work for long hours without my back getting hurt (unlike when I’m using an ordinary monoblock chair).
Also, this chair is perfect for people like me who love to slouch since it has an ergonomic back and support that allows me to constantly rest and shift in a more comfortable position.
I’ve been using this chair for a year now, and I can’t be more grateful for making my work-from-home life more easy and comfortable.”
Frances Nicole Garcia, an offshore employee and currently managing Defending Digital has this to say on the best office chair work from home:
“I’ve been working from home for four years, and I’ve had the same office chair since then. I own one HOMREST Ergonomic Executive Office Chair and I really love it!
It has an elegant design and is extremely user-friendly. It’s also long-lasting and straightforward to put up. It has a reclining feature and a fantastic massager.”
If you work from home, you should invest in a quality and supportive chair to help protect your bones and increase your productivity.
From this post, you will find the best work from home chair that suits you. Make this investment for your business and health and you will be glad you did. Check out these other work from home ergonomics for your home office.
You might also like:
It is hard to work from home with a baby. It doesn’t even get easier…
Working from home is now a thing many people love to do because it is…
One of the benefits of working from home is work from home tax deductions. You…
Working from home is a good thing because it comes with freedom, flexibility, and other…
Sometimes, it can be tiring working from home. Shoulders ache, and it feels like your…
Work-from-home (WFH), also known as remote work cuts across fields like healthcare, IT (information technology),…