Toy swords and shields are great fun for kids. They use them to assume roles where they can be pirates, knights, ninjas, or whatever they desire. Though toy weapons usually present the fear of the children getting hurt to parents, however, they can be safely used under proper supervision. Also, you should also ensure that the materials used for making these weapons are flexible and soft enough so as not to cause injuries to the children.
So, if you are considering the best toy swords and shields for your little one, a variety of options are provided below to help you find a suitable weapon that will make you and your child happy.
- PowerTRC Sword and Shield Play Set
- Dragon Wooden Sword & Shield Set
- Beast Morphers Beast-X Electronic Saber
- Liberty Imports Dual Foam Sword and Shield Playset
- Nerf N-Force Vantage Sword
- Idea 7 Premium Bamboo Sword Kit
- Liontouch Flame Toy Sword
- Super Z Foam Prince Sword Toy Set
- Starlux Games Glow-in-the-Dark Foam Swords
- How To Choose The Right Toy Sword And Shield
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
Best Toy Swords And Shields
PowerTRC Sword and Shield Play Set
This is a foam sword and shield set that has two swords and two shields for the price of one. Both swords and shields are made from foam. The designs of the shields are printed onto the foam and they are attached securely to soft fabric strips on the rear so children can slide in their arms.
It is suitable for three years and older.
- It is soft
- Made from foam
- Comes with two swords and shields
- You get great value for money.
- You get two swords and shields for the price of one.
- Its softness makes it a safe toy weapon for children to play with.
- Weapons are designed to look real and so give kids the feeling that they are carrying a real weapon.
- The foam used for making it can come loose.
- They do not last long because of the material used in making them.
Check out PowerTRC Sword and Shield Play Set on Amazon
Dragon Wooden Sword & Shield Set
This dragon-themed wooden play sword and shield set is well designed to stand the test of time. It is a unique toy that will give your kids hours of fun. Designed for kids between the ages of 4 to 10 who enjoy playing dress-up with other kids and riding glowing dragons through the skies.
The edges and ends are rounded before being carefully sanded and hand painted with non-toxic, colorful paint.
- Attractive design
- Designed from solid alder and pine wood.
- It is attractive to kids.
- They are strong and last long.
- It can be dangerous especially if it gets broken.
- It will require adult supervision to ensure gentle play.
Check out Dragon Wooden Sword & Shield Set on Amazon
Beast Morphers Beast-X Electronic Saber
This sword is one that can be recognized quickly because of its range of light and a secret Beast Mode that your child can unlock when he or she swings the blade in quick succession seven times. It has lots of sound effects that will spice up your child’s playtime.
- Multiple light and sound modes.
- It is perfect for imaginative play.
- It looks real which makes it appealing to kids.
- It can’t withstand knocks against hard surfaces.
- It uses three AAA batteries which is an additional expense.
Check out Beast Morphers Beast-X Electronic Saber on Amazon
Liberty Imports Dual Foam Sword and Shield Playset
Liberty Imports are known to provide reliable children’s toys. When it has to do with toy swordplay, it comes with a set of two swords and two shields so your child can play along with their siblings and friends. It is suitable for children from three to twelve years.
- Each sword weighs 5.6 ounces
- Swords and shields are colorful.
- Made of thin layered felt material
- Comes with adjustable Velcro straps
- A set contains two swords and two shields.
- It improves children’s imaginative abilities.
- It is easy to swing by kids because it is lightweight.
- The thin layered felt material makes them soft and safe for kids to play with.
- It has a strong smell that may be dangerous for kids
- Kids will outgrow it quickly because it is small in size.
Check out Liberty Imports Dual Foam Sword and Shield Playset on Amazon
Nerf N-Force Vantage Sword
This sword is constructed from a plastic core and a Nerf foam outer shell – this implies that the sword maintains its shape no matter how hard it is being used. It also doesn’t hurt when a child receives a blow with it because of the foam cushioning. The sword is suitable for older kids who can bear its weight.
- It is made from foam and plastic.
- It is suitable for older kids.
- It is durable.
- It is fun to use during play time.
- The foam comes off easily
- It sometimes comes in poor quality
Check out Nerf N-Force Vantage Sword on Amazon
Idea 7 Premium Bamboo Sword Kit
The Idea 7 knight’s sword contains everything a child needs to make a bamboo sword. It comes with sandpaper, glue, cloths, finishing oil, and two dust masks — one for a child and one for an adult.
- It is constructed with bamboo
- It is a strong and durable sword
- Comes with sandpaper, glue, cloths, finishing oil, and two dust masks
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is an exciting craft to engage kids and adults.
- Content may not be complete.
- It can’t be used immediately.
Check out Idea 7 Premium Bamboo Sword Kit on Amazon
Liontouch Flame Toy Sword
The flame Toy Sword is made of foam and designed to create an impression of a burning blade.
It is designed with different layers of foam – a thin one, a slightly smaller one, a red foam core, and a printed foam mattress
The creativity gives the sword a multi-layer flame effect that improves the printing on each piece.
- Has different layers of foam
- Designed to give a burning blade effect.
- It is lightweight and designed for younger children.
- Has coordinating knights’ shields
- It is easy to swing.
- It helps kids to have great fun.
- May only be good at the first use.
- Layers can separate from each other.
Check out Liontouch Flame Toy Sword on Amazon
Super Z Foam Prince Sword Toy Set
The swords often come with blue, yellow, and red handles. They are 17 inches long from the blade tip to the handle which minimizes the risk of kids knocking and breaking things as they swing the swords. The handles and blades are made of foam, so kids won’t get hurt while playing with them. The foam is durable and firm while still soft enough to be safe for kids.
- It is made of foam
- It is a pack of six
- It is 17 inches long from the blade tip to the handle.
- It is soft and safe for kids to play with.
- The difference in colors makes it easy to identify the different competing categories.
- The handles can come off.
- Content in the pack sometimes may not be complete.
- It may not be able to withstand the roughness of kids for long.
Check out Super Z Foam Prince Sword Toy Set on Amazon
Starlux Games Glow-in-the-Dark Foam Swords
This foam sword is an electronic sword that is suitable for eight years and above. It is attractive because it lures family and friends to engage in sword fighting games. The package contains four Dojo markers and four light-up katana swords with glowing bracelets for players to wear.
The set also comes with downloadable bonus games and a stack of different cards containing instructions for the different games. This is one of the classic toys that parents won’t feel uncomfortable playing with the kids,
- Has a set of downloadable bonus games
- Comes with glowing bracelets for players to wear.
- Contains Dojo markers and four light-up katana swords
- It is safe for kids to play with.
- It brings family members to play games together.
- Children have enough room to explore with the different available games.
- The ink on the swords rubs up on the body.
- It may not last long
Check Starlux Games Glow-in-the-Dark Foam Sword on Amazon
How To Choose The Right Toy Sword And Shield
When you are trying to purchase a toy sword and shield for your child, these factors will help to narrow down your search which will help you save time while you still get the best value for your money.
Before going to shop for a toy weapon, know the interest of your child and be sure that he or she will love to have one. Though playtime is indeed fun for kids, yet every child has their play pattern. When you have a child who is interested in toy weapons, it is also ideal to know the type of toys that will be attractive to them.
This is the most important factor that must be considered when shopping for toy weapons for a child. Toy weapons must be designed with kids in mind, the materials must be soft and flexible to use. Weapons made from materials like rubber and cardboard are good options. However, they should not be easily breakable because children can get injured from the broken edges.
Age Of The Child
The age of your child should guide you to choose a toy weapon that he or she can play with conveniently. Search for toys that are appropriate for the age of your child. The different suitable age ranges for the best toy swords and shields have been listed in this post and you can opt for the one that suits your child’s age.
A toy weapon must be able to withstand the roughness of children. It should be one that will stand the test of time, your kids should be able to play with it for a reasonable length of time.
It builds the confidence in children.
It improves social communication skills in kids.
Children are free to try out new personalities.
Some of the materials used to make your swords and shields include:
Step 1 – Cut out a piece of cardboard to your desired shape.
Step 2 – Use a base coat of color to cover the shield.
Step 3 – Include the handle on the back of the shield.
Step 4 – Decorate the front of the shield with your desired color.
Toy weapons can be a great way to engage children in fantasy play, especially the foam variety like Super Z Foam Prince Sword Toy Set which looks real for play, and is soft and flexible to prevent injuries.
Toy swords and shields are a great way to improve kids’ imaginations, so, you can get one of the best swords and shields on our list for your kids today.
You might also like:
Top 9 Kids Pottery Wheels (To Aid Creativity)
Pottery can improve your child’s creativity. Every child with a passion for pottery deserves a…
Top 5 Preemie Bottles For Your Preemie Baby
Preemie babies are babies that are delivered more than three weeks before the expected date…
Top 3-Wheel Strollers (For Better Balance)
Moms who are always on the move and love to have their infant or toddlers…
Top 10 Doodle Boards For Kids
Doodle boards have awesome benefits and they are more than a note-taking tool or play…
- 10 Best Productivity Planners in 2023 (you absolutely need one!) - January 16, 2023
- Is freelance writing worth it? 10+ benefits that say yes - January 6, 2023
- 10 Best Clothes For Apron Belly - December 5, 2022