Kids often observe their parents as they drive and many times they desire to be in the driver’s seat too. You can make this happen by getting the kids steering wheel toys for them.
What Is A Steering Wheel Toy?
Steering wheel toys are one of the unique kids’ toys that give children the feeling of driving a car. Some of these toys teach shapes, numbers, colors, and letters, and also help to develop kids’ motor skills as they play.
These steering toys also have different buttons that produce sounds and lights to entertain children when pressed or pushed.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
For a unique option for your child, you should consider the list of the best steering wheel toys belwo.
Best Kids Steering Wheel
Before we consider their individual features and why they made the list, let’s look at what you need to consider when choosing a steering wheel toy for kids.
How To Choose The Best Steering Wheels For Toddlers
It is often assumed that every child should love a steering wheel, unfortunately, some children may not just be interested in such a toy. Hence you have to be sure of what interests your kid before purchasing a toy wheel.
This is the major factor to consider when it comes to children’s toys. For toys that are battery-operated, ensure that the battery compartment screws are well shut so that children are unable to access the batteries.
Opt for safe materials that are free from chemicals like phthalates. This is important because younger kids have the tendency of putting pieces in their mouths.
Also, avoid heavy toys that can cause havoc if it hits a child on the head.
Kids’ toys come in different shapes and sizes that suit different age groups. So before buying, consider the age of your child and settle for a steering wheel toy that will match his or her age.
The Best Kids Steering Wheel – Features, Pros and Cons
Taf Toys Car Wheel Toy helps to develop the motor skills, emotional intelligence, and sense perception of kids. It is great for younger kids of about 18 months old.
It allows children to imitate their parents’ actions while driving.
Kids can switch gears, and with its headrest, they can see themselves in a mirror as they drive.
The lights, sounds, music, and buttons also keep them entertained during their rides.
- Has lights, sounds, music, and buttons
- Has switch gears, headrest, and mirrors.
- The features such as sounds, light, and music, create a lot of entertainment for kids.
- It makes children feel like they are driving.
- It is expensive
- Designed for younger toddlers.
This steering wheel toy allows kids to engage in pretend activities such as car racing. It can keep kids engaged all day because of the different events it has. For instance, the gear shifter plays racing sounds and the controller also vibrates, giving the children the feeling that they are actually driving a vehicle.
In addition to the driving experience, the steering toy teaches spelling, letters, shapes, numbers, and more.
Its automatic shut-off and volume control are helpful for kids who don’t remember to turn off their toys.
Marilyn Gaskell -Founder of TruePeopleSearch has this to say about this steering wheel;
“The Vtech 3-in-1 Race and Learn is one of the best steering wheels for kids. I bought this superb machine for my son, and he is so much in love with it.”
- Has a gear shifter
- An automatic shut-off and volume control.
- A steering toy that offers educational learning.
- It comes with a jet, motorcycle, and car.
- Excellent value for money
- It teaches letters, numbers, shapes, and hand-eye coordination.
- It gives the impression of a game rather than a toy because a kid must play a game as he or she uses it.
This is another fun toy steering wheel for kids that makes them feel like a driver. It has realistic sounds and sights and also interactive knobs and levers. Two-year-olds will love this toy.
- Suitable for toddlers.
- Realistic sounds and sights
- It is durable
- It entertains kids for a long time.
- Older children get bored with it.
This toy looks exactly like a real steering wheel and kids can utilize the different commands to communicate with the wheel. The wheel tells children what to do like “turn left”. It also gives a comeback response depending on the child’s reaction.
It has real motoring sounds such as a gear change, horn, a revving engine, and braking. The different voice commands, bells, and whistles are meant to keep children constantly engaged. It is designed for three years and above.
- Really motoring sounds
- Interactive steering wheel
- It has various voice commands, bells, and whistles.
- Excellent value for money.
- Helps to engage kids while parents get around with their daily activities.
- It may be too advanced for toddlers.
Battat Geared To Steer is an interactive driving wheel that has realistic sounds for turning the key, the engine, and honking the horn. These sounds will leave kids with the feeling that they are drivers indeed.
The game mode is both educational and fun for kids because they are able to learn about colors. It is great for kids to work on their motor skills and have a sensory play experience. The toy is designed for two years old and above.
- Has realistic sounds
- It’s an interactive steering wheel
- Affordable price
- Helps with fine motor skills
- Helps kids to have sensory play
- Older toddlers can get bored with it easily.
My Spin and Learn is a unique steering wheel toy with unique features for little ones between 6 months and 3 years. It is an interactive wheel that will not just help your kids have great fun but will also enhance their hand-eye coordination.
Children can spin to learn about shapes, colors, and feelings. They can also play songs to get entertained.
- It is an interactive wheel
- Has three different play modes.
- Kids can learn about shapes, colors, and feelings.
- Teaches colors, shapes, and feelings
- It improves kids’ hand-eye coordination
- It is expensive
- Children will outgrow it quickly.
“My Little Driver” is a durable velcro strap that can be attached to a car seat, high chair, or stroller.
It has a secured battery compartment that is safe for younger kids. A mix of sounds, lights, a mirror, and interactive switches keep it interesting to kids. Though older kids may get bored with it, it is a great choice for younger kids.
Kids can pretend to be driving, just to imitate their parents.
- It is made from plastics
- Has a mix of sounds and lights.
- It has interactive switches and a mirror.
- It is good for a car ride.
- It is fun for younger kids.
- It is expensive
- Older children will get bored with it.
This is another excellent choice to keep younger kids occupied. Kids can play with it while in the stroller, in the car, or at home. It entertains with songs through its lion steering wheel.
Its clicking zebra gear shifter with rattle beads is one kids can’t ignore because it creates so much fun. The “rear view” mirror also engages kids.
- It has a rearview mirror
- Comes with a zebra gear shifter and rattle beads
- It is fun for younger kids
- Its music, sounds, and lights entertain kids
- It can be used while in the stroller, in the car, or at home
- Older kids get bored with it.
- Quite expensive compared to the value it gives.
Benefits Of Steering Wheel To Kids
- Improves A Child’s Development
Kids learn a lot by moving things around. They observe the speed of their toys and learn how to apply adequate pressure to influence the speed or direction of their toys. This will help to strengthen your kid’s emotional, social and physical development.
- Builds Fine Motor Skills
Playing with wheels can help to build a child’s fine motor skills. Children will develop hand-eye coordination when they pick up, push, throw, and pull their toys with both hands.
Kids learn through experimentation to discover their abilities and prepare them for real life. The experience with a toy ride makes them learn things like caution, awareness, and control.
- Enhance Cognitive Abilities
Kids improve their cognitive abilities, imagination, and understanding of the world during playtime. Using the kids steering wheel will help them to explore different scenarios while having fun.
They also love to be in charge like occupying the driver’s seat. Even when they are still years away from getting behind the steering of a real car, they are still able to exert their free will which helps them to understand the way things work.
Yes, as long as the steering wheel is properly installed and the kids are buckled up.
Toy steering wheels are designed for 6 months old and older.
Toy steering wheels may include buttons that make sounds when pressed.
Toy steering wheels may not create the same effect as driving an actual car, but they offer great benefits to the development of your child, and they are fun & safe to use. So, if you feel your kid is interested in cars, you should consider any of these best toy steering wheels as their next gift.
You might also like:
Warren Buffet said that the No. 1 mistake parents make is waiting for too long…
The Tommee Tippee brand is known for designing popular baby products. Its pacifier was designed…
Healthy babies are always bubbling with energy. To burn off this energy, they jump on…
Tommee Tippee claims to produce bottles with high-tech anti-colic features and nipples that feel like…
- 10 Best Productivity Planners in 2023 (you absolutely need one!) - January 16, 2023
- Is freelance writing worth it? 10+ benefits that say yes - January 6, 2023
- 10 Best Clothes For Apron Belly - December 5, 2022