Toddlers love drumming for the same reasons adults love too, and this could be one of the reasons to consider a baby drum set for your toddler. Even though kids may not understand their sense of rhythm yet, making the unsynchronized beats will keep them happy.
A baby drum set can also help to keep your baby distracted while you quickly check on other things or take some rest.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
A list of the best drum sets has been compiled. Each of these drum sets will give your little ones hours of entertainment while you have some time to yourself.
What To Consider Before Buying A Baby Drum Set
To get the right drum brand for your kid, it will be wise to read up on the reviews of the brand and go for products your kid will love. Also, the tips listed below will guide you.
Choose A Drum Set That Will Make Your Kid Excited
One of the best strategies to make your kids learn to use the drum set well is by getting the model that will be attractive to them. For instance, a kit with bright colors and melodious sounds will make your little one willing to sit down and play always.
Age Of The Child
Age is another important factor to keep in your mind when buying the best drumset for your kid. The drum kit designed for toddlers may be different from the one meant for older kids. Kids between the ages of 4-5 will not require most of the features that can be found in an advanced drum set, whereas kids ages 10 and above who have taken drumming seriously, will prefer the instruments with advanced features to help them get better each day.
Know The Drum Accessories
You need to be aware of the drum accessories, that is, know what it contains because it is only then you can tell if the product you are buying for your child is complete. A detailed drum set has a lot of accessories such as snare, drum cymbals, brushes, drumsticks, tom drums, drum thrones, and heads. Therefore, choose a kit that has all these things at a reasonable price but never put away quality.
The sound quality of a set is an important factor you should consider when choosing a drum set for your kid. Drums are one of the loudest instruments, which might become unbearable to people around. So to reduce the noise, go for a set that has a low sound like the electronic drum kits, or opt for a product whose volume is easy to adjust, to suit your desire per time.
When going for a drum set, consider the available floor space so you don’t purchase a drum set that may end up being too large. So, make sure the drum set for your kids fits into the desired space.
Consider Your Budget
Make sure that you have a budget in mind when going for a drum set. The cost of drum sets is determined by the brand, condition, and quality. A piece of more expensive equipment doesn’t equal a higher quality and vice versa. Just check well for a quality set that fits your budget.
Seek A Demo
A demo is the best way to confirm the functionality of the equipment you are about to buy. After purchase, make sure you try it out before finally taking it home.
Best Baby Drum Set
The 12 Piece Kids Jazz Drum Set is a total package that contains everything a child needs to have a solid start with – quality wood shells and strong hardware. So, if you are looking for a good drum kit that’s just a bit above a toy, this is a great choice for you. Though it doesn’t sound professional, it has a decent sound.
- A 16” bass drum
- Has extra floor torn
- A floor tom, two mounted toms, and a snare drum.
- Hi-hat cymbals and a crash cymbal
- An adjustable, padded drum throne
- A drum key, and a pair of wooden drum sticks.
- Designed for ages between 2-4
- Comes in different color options.
- Good quality, strong and well-made
- Kids can set it up to their desire
- Not budget friendly
This toddler bass drum set is made of small-sized quality hardwood shells and is a good option for two years and above.
- Has a 13×8 bass drum
- Has a 10×4 mounted snare drum,
- Has an 8” cymbal with an arm
- Has an 8×6 mounted tom.
- Has a round and padded height-adjustable drum throne,
- A pair of drumsticks
- A kick pedal for the bass drum.
- Decent Sound
- Easy to assemble
- It’s a complete package
- Snare drum and mounts for tom-tom loose occasionally
This set is recommended for children between 3, and 5 feet tall. So if you want a kit your toddlers can grow into, this is a good option
- Has a 16×11 bass drum
- Has a 10×6 hanging tom and a 10×5 inch snare drum
- Has a 9.5-inch cymbal with a bass-mounted stand.
- An adjustable drum throne
- A wooden drum stick with a bass drum kick pedal.
- Lasts long
- Easy to use
- Decent sound
- Different color options
- The snare drum is not secured to stand.
- Tom tom moves easily, so may require repositioning occasionally
- Has four hanging tom-toms.
- Has a bass drum and a cymbal.
- It also has an adjustable drum throne along with a bass drum kick pedal.
- It has a pair of wooden drum sticks.
- Good quality
- It is attractive and durable.
- Excellent for younger toddlers
- Children often outgrow it by age 5
This set is super cute for an energetic toddler who has a passion for music. It is an electric kit that is made from plastic and it is very durable so that it can survive the hardest beat of a child. One of the uniqueness of this kit is that it has different modes of play available. In addition to cymbal noises and making drums, your little one can press buttons that will make the kit produce words for different colors and numbers. With its fantastic microphone, toddlers are encouraged to sing and they can hear the sound of their voices.
- A chair
- A cymbal
- A kick drum
- A microphone
- A pair of drumsticks
- It is made from plastic
- Left and right snare drum
- It lasts long
- It is a very durable
- Can survive the rough handling of kids
It is a floor-based drum set that is suitable for younger toddlers who are not bold enough to sit on a raised chair.
- Three drum pads
- Two cymbals
- A microphone
- A pair of drumsticks
- Made from EVA plastic
- It is durable and lasts long
- It can handle the toughest hit of any toddler
- Parts fall out occasionally
The Union DBJ3067(DB) 3-Piece Toy Drum Set is designed to help the youngest kids have an interesting drumming experience. It comes in
choices of metallic red, metallic pink, and dark blue.
If you are considering a budget-friendly toddler drum set that suits a two to four-year-old, then this might be right for you.
- It has a 5 x 8.5-inch tom, an 8×13 inch bass drum, and a 5×10 inch snare drum.
- Includes a mini drum throne, an adjustable mini drum bass
- Has drum spurs, and a cymbal.
- Has a drum tuning key with a pair of drumsticks.
- Drums are tunable
- Can be adjusted to fit small toddlers of two years.
- Assembly instructions are not explanatory.
Benefits Of Drumming To Your Child
Drumming has a handful of benefits it has to offer kids and they include;
- Improves Physical Health
Drumming is one of the physically intensive instruments that combine a strenuous upper body motion with a constant lower-body movement and it can burn up between 400 to 600 calories.
- Improves Mental Health
It has been suggested that drumming also manages symptoms of aggression, anxiety, and depression as it helps to minimize the symptoms of certain behavioral disorders, improves general mental stability, problem-solving aptitude, and enhances creativity.
- It Improves The Sociality Of Your Child
Drumming may help to make your kids more social. It increases a healthy self-perception and confidence in children. If your kid loves to keep to his or herself, playing drums will make them interact with like-minded individuals, play music with their friends and bring out the best in them.
- Drumming Improves Motor Skills
Developing hand-eye coordination is essential for playing the drums, and it can help to sharpen motor control skills in children. Drumming introduces timing and rhythm with fine motor control.
The benefits of drums especially in kids can never be underestimated and so you should give all it takes to acquire one of the best baby drum sets that can help to improve their overall well-being.
- Should I Get A Complete Drum Set For My Child Or A Shell Packs?
A complete drum set is excellent for beginners and it contains all the hardware your child may require to get started with their music career. Shell packs contain wooden drum shells only that will be suitable for upgrading a drum kit your child already has.
- What Is The Difference Between A 3-piece, 4-piece, And 5-piece Drum Set?
The piece indicates the number of drums obtainable in the drum set.
A 4-piece set contains a snare, bass drum, a mounted iron, and a floor tom. 5-piece sets include an extra mounted tom while a 3-piece set is a single tom drum with a snare and bass drum .
- Do Kids’ Drum Sets Require A Lot Of Floor Space?
Drums are very accommodating instruments that can be arranged according to your preferences but normally, a 3-piece drum set will need about 36″ x 24″ of floor space while a 5-piece set may require about 40″ x 26″.The space needed will depend largely on the size of drum kit you settle for.
- Do Kids Need Drum Lessons?
Yes! You will need an experienced drummer to guide your child and help him or her have a good start. The basics of drumming are guided by a few principles, and with a good drumming instructor around, your child will learn fast hence building a solid foundation.
- What Are The Benefits Of Drumming
- Drumming improves a child’s mental health.
- It enhances kids’ motor skills.
- It also improves their physical health
- It strengthens a child’s communication with others.
- It builds their confidence and helps to bring out the best in them.
When kids are banging and clashing a set of drums, it may not make so much sense to you as a parent whereas, it’s real fun and fulfillment for such kids.
Drumming is beneficial to toddlers because it gives them a platform to express their creativity and also introduces them to the world of coordination and rhythms. It is an interesting activity most toddlers will love.
You might also like:
Warren Buffet said that the No. 1 mistake parents make is waiting for too long…
The Tommee Tippee brand is known for designing popular baby products. Its pacifier was designed…
Healthy babies are always bubbling with energy. To burn off this energy, they jump on…
Tommee Tippee claims to produce bottles with high-tech anti-colic features and nipples that feel like…
- 10 Best Productivity Planners in 2023 (you absolutely need one!) - January 16, 2023
- Is freelance writing worth it? 10+ benefits that say yes - January 6, 2023
- 10 Best Clothes For Apron Belly - December 5, 2022